Tax Clearance Certificate (ITF 263)
A Tax Clearance Certificate is a document issued by the Commissioner General of the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) to a taxpayer who is obligated to pay tax and whose tax situation is satisfactory.
Purpose of a tax clearance
Tax clearances enhances business compliance profile as the taxpayer deals with other businesses.
Benefits of having a Tax Clearance Certificate
1. No 10% Withholding tax is deducted when payments are made for goods and services supplied.
2. No Presumptive Tax will be levied on Importations.
3. Tax clearance is required when bidding for tenders.
4. A Tax Clearance Certificate is a pre-requisite when applying for licences issued by local authorities.
5. Business counterparts have confidence in doing business with compliant taxpayers.
The Public Officer of the company, or an individual duly authorized in writing to represent the following:
· A company · Trader · Partnership · Cooperative · Individuals